I love a good chicken soup and this has become one of my go-tos when I want to graze on something healthy throughout the week. It's loaded with veggies, and has the added immune boosting benefit of special ingredients like turmeric, ginger and ACV which help with inflammation and promote detoxification naturally.
With protein, vegetables, vitamins, and minerals, it provides more nutrients than most of the world’s population receives on any given day. So don’t be afraid to give it a try! Plus, it's a great way to use up all those veggies in your fridge. Enjoy!
Chicken Detox Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast (i use the packaged rotisserie chicken from Costco)
- 2 quarts Chicken Broth ( i love better than bullion organic chicken paste)
- 1 large onion peeled and chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh shredded or grated ginger
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- salt and pepper
Set a large sauce pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil, chopped onions, celery, ginger, and garlic. Saute for 5-6 minutes to soften. Then add the shredded chicken, broth, carrots, apple cider vinegar, crushed red pepper, turmeric and 1 teaspoon sea salt.
Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 20+ minutes.
Add the broccoli, peas, and parsley to the pot. Continue to simmer to soften the broccoli. Once the broccoli is tender, taste, then salt and pepper as needed. Serve Hot.