- 4-5 cups kale, chopped into bite sized pieces & stems removed I used Tuscan/Lacinato but you can use whatever type of kale you'd like
- 1 stalk romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 tablespoon | 15 ml olive oil
- 1 haas avocado diced (optional)
- 3 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 salmon fillets ( i buy the frozen ones at Costco and just defrost what I need
- 1/4 cup | 20 grams shaved parmesan leave out for paleo/whole30
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 l lemon (maybe more if your lemon is small)
- 2 teaspoon dijion mustard
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup | 240 ml olive oil
Add all of you ingredients to a large mason jar. Whisk until well mixed.
The dressing will thicken and become creamy after it's well mixed. Taste and adjust seasoning as you like. Set aside while you prep the salad.
Add the kale to a large salad bowl. Drizzle the olive oil over the kale leaves and scrunch handfuls of kale to massage. Keep scrunching until the leaves darken and soften about 1 minute.
Add the the remaining salad ingredients to the kale and gently toss.
Add about half the dressing to the salad and toss to coat everything in dressing.
drizzle olive oil in a cast iron skillet. add salmon fillets over medium heat. Sprinkle salmon with garlic powder, paprika, cayenne powder, black pepper, thyme, and oregano. Drizzle with lemon juice. Cook about 4 minutes and flip over. Cook another 3-4 ,minutes. I like my salmon very tender and not overcooked.
Serve Salad into individual bowls and then place salmon on top.
Traditionally, Caesar salad is made with anchovies and is responsible for the salty/savoury umami flavour in Caesar salad dressing. Since it's not necessarily something that we all keep in our kitchen on a regular basis feel free to leave it out if you need. If you happen to have a little miso paste on hand you can always swap out the anchovy paste for miso to achieve a similar effect. However, Anchovy paste gives it that distinctive Caesar Flavor.