- I love chocolate, and I especially love sipping on something warm on a cold afternoon or evening. I’m also a fan of healing foods that make your body feel good, so if I can put the two together, it’s guaranteed to be a match made in heaven. You may have heard of something called matcha green tea. It’s pretty much a superfood that does sooooo much good for your body.
- Here are a few of its health benefits:
- Is packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCg.
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories.
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally.
- Calms the mind and relaxes the body.
- Is rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins.
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration.
Add to that all the anti-oxidants of raw cacao and you have one powerhouse of a drink. Here are a few more of the amazing benefits of this amazonian superfood.
- 40 Times the Antioxidants of Blueberries.
- Highest Plant-Based Source of Iron.
- Full of Magnesium for a Healthy Heart & Brain.
- More Calcium Than Cow's Milk.
- A Natural Mood Elevator and Anti-Depressant.
Mexican Matcha Hot Chocolate
- 1/16 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha
- 1 Tablespoon 100% raw cacao powder
- 8 oz almond milk simmered
- sweetener to taste (raw honey, pure maple syrup coconut sugar or a few drops of stevia)
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend on high.
- Pour into you mug and enjoy!
- Note* if you find it hard to measure the cayenne powder, just use a sprinkle instead. I have a tiny measuring spoon that is 1/16 but some may not. In that case, just use a sprinkle.
Tip: Make a Big batch and store it in an airtight container for an instant spicy hot cocoa treat all winter long.