I don't know about you, but I think everyone needs a good chicken Salad Recipe. Personally, I like something with crunch and/or a little bit of sweet.
My friend Julie Catherine from Nothing but Nourished created this chicken salad and as the name says, it is absolutely scrumptious! It combines a little bit of savory and a little bit of Sweet. Sooooo good!
Scrumptious Chicken Salad
- 5 Cups Rotisserie Chicken, pulled**
- 1 Cup Sliced Red Grapes
- 1/2-1 Cup diced Celery
- 1 diced Pink Lady, Fuji or Honeycrisp Apple
- 1/2 Cup Craisins
- 1/2 Cup Almonds, Pecans or Walnuts, chopped
- 3/4 to 1 1/4 Cup Plain 2% Greek Yogurt OR Olive Oil Mayo
- 1 Tbs. Dijon
- 1 Tbs. Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 Tbs. Fresh Basil, julienned
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Fresh Garlic, minced (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix yogurt with the Dijon, lemon juice, basil salt, pepper and garlic (if using). Add the remaining ingredients and gently toss with a rubber spatula until all ingredients are fully coated. Taste and season accordingly!
- Serve on toasted sprouted bread, on a bed of mixed greens or eat by the spoonful. Its delightful as-is or with the above...
- Bon Appetit!
NOTE: This recipe yields 8-10 generous servings and thus, is a nice thing to make ahead for your week's meals or snacks- its delightfully fresh and flavorful, lasting up to four days refrigerated.
**Rotisserie chicken is a fantastic, easy way to go as its already seasoned and cooked perfectly. I get mine at Costco for $5- Simply pull and discard the skin and bones and voila!