Summertime, and the living is easy!!!!!!!
Ahhhhhh summer..........the days linger longer, the kids have sleepovers and campouts on the trampoline. There are pool dates, play dates, sprinklers and fun outings with family and friends. I remember as a kid listening for the Good Humor Truck to come through the neighborhood. I'd run to my secret stash of paper route money and hurry to the street before it was too late. I usually got something with chocolate and nuts because that's my jam. I just love summer. Even as adults, we seem to find more ways to play and make great memories with the people we care about.
These days, we don't have a good humor truck, so it's up to me to supply the sweet treats. Since we always have a house full of guys, and because i want to be the cool mom that makes fun memories for my boys, (even grown boys) I love to make healthy ice cream and popsicle treats. Last summer, I bought these really cool popsicle molds, so I thought I'd dust 'em off and put 'em to use.
Today, I made these delicious strawberry banana coconut popsicles and then made strawberry ice cream with the leftovers. They are soooooooo easy and super fun to make, and I'm pretty confident you'll have raving fans like I did. Here's to creating some fun memories and raising YOUR cool mom status.
Strawberry Banana Popsicles
5 cups fresh strawberries
2/3 cup coconut milk
1 frozen banana
2-3 TBSP pure maple syrup or honey
1 cup ghiradelli dark chocolate chips
1 TBSP coconut oil
1. Add all ingredients to high speed blender. I put mine on the ice cream setting, but if your blender doesn't have that feature, just put it on high for about 30 seconds or until thoroughly blended.
2. Fill popsicle molds and freeze for about 4 hours.
3. Remove frozen popsicles by running the end under warm water for about 10 seconds.
4. Heat choc. Chips and coconut oil over low heat until melted.
5. Lay on parchment paper and drizzle with chocolate. Immediately place back in the freezer. When the are set you can wrap them in plastic wrap to store in the freezer.
I had some leftover strawberries, so I decided to make some strawberry icecream. Here's what I did.
5 cups fresh strawberries
2 frozen bananas
1 can coconut cream
drizzle of honey.
Blend all ingredients and pour in a loaf pan. Freeze about 4 hours or until frozen. Enjoy!
If you want more recipes like this, you will want to take advantage of my 4 week carb cycling meal plan. It's filled with delicious recipes that are easy to prepare and will teach your body how to be a fat burner. Right now, it's $10 off, so hurry before it's gone. just enter the code fabafterforty at checkout.